Monday, May 4, 2009

the moment of truth...

has arrived, unpacked it's bags (the moment of truth is androgynous) and will not be leaving anytime soon, it has informed me.

in other words.

I'm doing the stand-up thing. I'm going to an open mic this thursday. No, you cannot come. I'm not letting anyone come with me this time because I want to fall on my face in front of strangers, not friends. But if I survive said fall, then the next time I perform, y'all can come.

ALSO I have entered (well, if they let me in) a stand-up contest for June 8th. Yeah. I know. But hey, I've just got to DO this. I know I'm going to suck because I've a total novice. But if I don't get up off my ass and just do it... then I'll be lame. Literally and figuratively. And these boots are made for walking.

So keep me in your thoughts this Thursday. Pray that I get at least one good laugh--enough to rope me in so that I keep going towards this goal. I wholeheartedly expect to crash burn and bomb, but I hope I get at least one good chuckle.

Wish me chuckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment