Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hmm.

Loneliness, albeit a strong and uncomfortable feeling, cannot be used as justification for foolish actions and decisions. Loneliness can be the reason, but not the justification.

Bottom line: there are times not to "follow your heart," because most of the time, it's simply the id veiled in sentimentalism.

I've been lonely lately.
I listened to my feelings and indulged in some foolish thoughts and actions, despite knowing the degree of foolishness I was engaging in. I watched myself, I yelled, "Don't, you dumbfuck!" and I did it anyway.
When I questioned myself, I sputtered, "I'm lonely!"

My response, as of now?
"Tough shit. Call a friend. Watch a movie. Remember your self-worth."

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Oy.

    I've been there. So painful to watch myself do it, too. Almost like an out of body experience...

    But, you know, do remember your self worth...you're an amazing, awesome, talented, smart person. You deserve to be appreciated and cherished...and you will be someday. I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never say "Oy" but I read one of your other posts and you said "oy" so it was in my head and then I was responding to this and the very first thought that came into my head was "oy." I'm just letting you know that I didn't steal your "oy." You put it there. Your fault.

    ReplyDelete