Monday, February 2, 2009

the well has run dry?

I am concerned.

I am concerned for many reasons, for instance, there is a mouse in our house (and I'm not giving him a cookie), for instance, we're still out of toilet paper.

But I am actually concerned at my lack of a. drive and b. inspiration and c. actual lack of quantity regarding my personal writing.

I haven't been writing. This does not count. I mean, it is technically by definition writing, but I'm talking poetry. I'm talking plays. I'm talking my writing!

Has it left me? It's difficult being a polygamist. See, I'm married to both theatre and writing, and every so often writing starts to take it personally that I'm not spending all my time with her. But, well...theatre is a little more demanding time wise. It also doesn't help that I'm secretly wooing Comedy on the side.

Attempted wit aside, I am genuinely concerned about this.

Has the well run dry?

Maybe I should get another well. Or just spit in it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment