Friday, February 27, 2009

On Comedy

I have officially decided to start up a career as a stand-up comedian. It may be a terrible decision, and I may be about as funny as a dead bleeding racoon, but I'm going to give it a go.

That said.

I don't believe in fate, I really don't, but sometimes I wonder about the Universe a little bit, and wonder if every so often, she gets bored and says, "Fuck it!" and decides to mess with us a bit. The Universe could also be male. Or trans. Or intersexed. Actually, the Universe is most likely Genderqueer. More power to it!

But anyway. There's this guy who works at the Starbucks across from One World and it turns out he's a good friend of my friend Sarahs, so a few days ago he and Sarah were walking through the theatre and we struck a conversation, and it turns out he's a stand-up comedian, and he performs all the time at jukebox comedy club. SO, dear friends, he invited me to come down there sometime. So if I can get my act together (literally and figuratively)... I might be able to, well, open down there! (Do a few minutes before the main act comes on). I find this exciting. And petrifying. But I am DETERMINED!

I will most likely suck the first 20 times I perform, but after awhile, I hope to at least hear the crickets chuckling amidst the silence.

Wish me inspiration and humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment