Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Two posts on the same day, I know....

My computer tells me that it detects no battery. Gee, PC, that's funny. Because I sure detect a battery. In fact, I can take it out and hold it in my hand. Pretty sure it exists. My imagination's good, but it's not that good....

The summer is flying by.

I'm starting to get really really anxious about this transatlantic (or I suppose pacific) leap I'm making. It's starting to feel oh so very real and oh so very exciting and oh so very numbingly petrifying.

I just hope my Visa App goes through with no problems. I was going to send it today... but the parentals didn't tell me they were taking "my" (it's not really mine, but it's the car I drive while I'm home) car into the shop today... and my mom wouldn't let me take hers. Agency, agency! Wherefore art thou, Agency?

I've got buy a big backpack (no, really), do a bunch of research on hostels, figure out if/when I'm meeting up with Karly when I get there (my h.s. friend who's doing the same program), figure out what to pack, figure out a way to bully my physicians into giving me the medicine I need for more than one month because oh come onnnn I'm going fucking abroad, I'm not going to overdose on my ADHD meds, just hand them over.

I've got to do laundry, sort through poetry, get all the data off my previous computer and transfer it to this computer, make sure my files are saved and backed up on my laptop, find a way to take all of them safely to NZ (I have to take all my writing/projects), get my hair trimmed, figure out if I'm going to take my money in traveler's checks or not, freak out, freak out, freak out, make plans to write a lot of goodbye see you later cards that I will never complete...miss people, cry, freak out, get really excited, freak out, get really excited.

Summer's halfway over, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment