Thursday, July 30, 2009

What a night!

"Thursday Night at the FunnyBone! Same great drink specials and the show starts at 8 featuring Sarah Duncan and Prescott Tolk. Born and raised in Jersey, Prescott Tolk has performed comedy for the past 10 years, crystallizing his personal experiences as a post-graduate slacker in his hour-long comedy album "I Can Complain." Loaded with clever one-liners, prescient observations, and true-life anecdotes, he turns inexorable realities into hard-hitting laugh lines."

The blurb on the website. My name was on the website! Also--Prescott Tolk--genius. I'd never heard of him, so I didn't know, but he was absolutely sensational. SO FUNNY. And he thought I was really funny too, he told me it was very polished and wanted to know how "new" I was because I had obvious skill. Fuck yeah, go me. The place was packed, and I was totally in sync with the crowd--there's nothing quite like the feeling of making a whole room of people laugh--not just chuckle, not giggle--outright openly loudly laugh. It went so well tonight, I feel like a pro. I need more material to be a pro... but still, I'm on my way, I can feel it, and it's great when others acknowledge it too. What a feeling!

Plus, I had a bunch of friends come out--Robb & Christina and their friend Rachel, my brother, and Karly (the other girl I know who's moving to New Zealand, friend from high school) and Allison (another friend from high school.) I felt so supported.

Whee!

In other news, my Dad's getting married tomorrow, so I should really go to bed... I'm really hungry... I've no money for groceries right now, so I'm a little malnourished.

My tent, sleeping bag, and sheet liner all came via ups today. That was exciting. In less exciting news, this girl I met online (I know, I know, online is sketchy, sue me there are no lesbians in bloomington) was supposed to call me today at 10pm... but nothing. But you know? I'm not really phased by that. She seemed cool, and I'm a little disappointed, but honestly? not terribly so. I mean, no one likes to be quote unquote stood up, but I've only talked to her once before, and I'm not looking for anything other than casual dating. This may come off as "doth I protest too much" but I'm really just writing down my discoveries as I make them. Plus, know what I'm realizing more and more? I'm fucking amazing, so it'll be worth it to wait and wait for someone who really gets and appreciates me fully, because I deserve that--hell, everybody does! And if I never find that someone, well, at least I've got Sarah Duncan to rely on--she's always got my back :)

These days, I'm taking things one step at a time.
These days, (or at least tonight) from where I'm standing these days are glowing with promise, joy, and echoes of laughter, loving, and more laughter, laughter. Plus a sprinkle of poetry.

Goodnight world, goodnight moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment